What is the Canvas Web Viewer and how do I use it?
The Short Answer
The Canvas 3D Web Viewer is an easy way to view, measure, and share any uploaded scan.
With the 3D Web Viewer, you can:
- Virtually revisit the space with a colorized scan
- Measure the scan or CAD file directly from your browser
- View notes and measurements created in-app
- Share with your customer, contractor, or anyone else so you are collaborating with the same model
- Embed the 3D Web Viewer into your web page
You can access the web viewer directly from the Canvas app (sharing instructions available here) or through the Canvas Account Portal.
The Long Answer
The 3D Web Viewer provides an easy way to view or share your scans or CAD models for measuring and easier quoting.
Here is an example:
If your scan is part of a Scan To CAD “merge” order that leads to a merged CAD model (representing multiple scans), the merged CAD model of the entire space will be shown instead of the single room CAD.
As part of making viewing CAD files easier, we’ve included a clipping tool that snaps to important CAD elements (ceilings, windows, doors, etc) to make viewing different floors and elements simple. Just click and drag.
You can toggle the clipping tool on and off with the settings at the bottom right.
With the measuring tool (top right corner), click the first point then move your cursor to the second point and get an instant measurement.
Zoom in by clicking and holding.
Hold "Shift" key to lock measurement to X-axis, Y-axis, or Z-axis.
Measuring between two parallel walls (or other planes) will snap the measurement to be perfectly perpendicular. You can turn this off by clicking the "Planar" toggle.
Copy the web address (URL) and send it to anyone. With a browser and internet, they will be able to open and view the scan.
Accessing the Canvas Web Viewer
You can access the Canvas Web Viewer in two ways: 1) online through your Canvas Account Portal, and 2) through the Canvas app.
Online Account Portal
- Login to your account at https://canvas.io
- The Order History page will load automatically
- Search for the order using scan name, home name, order ID, etc.
- Click on the thumbnail and the Web Viewer will open!
Within the Canvas app
- Open the home with the scan
- Open the scan and tap the link button in the top left corner
- This will copy the viewer link for you to easily share or paste into a browser
- From the home menu, locate the scan
- Tap the 3 dots under the scan thumbnail
- Tap "Share" - NOTE: If the scan is not uploaded yet, you will be prompted to do so
- Select how you want to share the link
Please note: Deleting the scan on your device does not delete the Web Viewer link. If you would like to change or delete the Canvas Web Viewer link, please reach out to us at email@example.com.