What is the Canvas Web Viewer and how do I use it?
The Short Answer
The Canvas Web Viewer is an easy, shareable interface for viewing and measuring any uploaded scan. The Web Viewer allows you to interact with your scans and CAD files online without any special software required — just a browser and internet connection!
The Long Answer
Starting with Canvas 2.0, any uploaded scan will receive a unique link for the Canvas Web Viewer. If your scan has been reprocessed or converted to CAD, it will also appear in your Web Viewer.
Here is an example of one such scan:
If your scan is part of a Scan To CAD “merge” order that leads to a merged CAD model (representing multiple scans), the merged CAD model of the entire space will be shown instead of the single room CAD.
As part of making viewing CAD files easier, we’ve included a clipping tool that snaps to important CAD elements (ceilings, windows, doors, etc) to make viewing different floors and elements simple.
The Canvas Web Viewer also has a built-in measurement tool — just like the Canvas app — which can be used to measure any two points within the original scan, reprocessed scan, and any 3D Scan To CAD output. You may even find it preferable to measuring in-app, as using a mouse makes it easier to click more precise points than tapping on your iPad or iPhone.
You can also hold shift to lock your rule to the closest axi to ensure straight measurements in atypical areas!
Finally, the Canvas Web Viewer is a great way to review and share your scan and CAD data with project collaborators, especially those who don’t have the Canvas app or any special CAD software. No account is required!
Accessing the Canvas Web Viewer
You can access the Canvas Web Viewer in two ways: 1) online through your Canvas Account Portal, and 2) through the Canvas app.
Online Account Portal
- Login to your account at https://canvas.io
- The Order History page will load automatically
- Search for the order using scan name, home name, order ID, etc.
- Click on the thumbnail and the Web Viewer will open!
Within the Canvas app
- Open the home with the scan
- Open the scan and tap the link button in the top left corner
- This will copy the viewer link for you to easily share or paste into a browser
- From the home menu, locate the scan
- Tap the 3 dots under the scan thumbnail
- Tap "Share" - NOTE: If the scan is not uploaded yet, you will be prompted to do so
- Select how you want to share the link
Please note: Deleting the scan on your device does not delete the Web Viewer link. If you would like to change or delete the Canvas Web Viewer link, please reach out to us at email@example.com.