How does Scan To CAD pricing work?
The Short Version
All Scan To CAD orders are priced per square foot (sqft) and follow a basic pricing structure of:
3D CAD = $0.15/sqft or $20 minimum per order
- SketchUp Includes: 3D .skp, 3D .dwg and 3D .dae
- Revit Includes: 3D .rvt, 3D.ifc, and 3D .dwg
- Chief Architect Includes: 3D .plan, 3D .dwg, and 3D .dae
- 2020 Design Live Includes: 3D .kit, 3D .dwg, and 3D .dae
2D floor plans = $0.10/sqft or $10 per order
- 2D Drawings Includes: 2D .pdf
- 2D AutoCAD includes 2D .dwg, and 2D .rvt
Order process summary:
- Area estimated from each scan
- Payment method charged based on total, final floor area (per level)
Final price is calculated from total floor area of each level, as measured from the exterior sides of walls.
Scanning and colorizing scans are 100% free for users with LiDAR-equipped iOS devices.
The Long Version
- Each scan's area is estimated
- Estimate is provided as a range
- Estimate includes overlapping area, but duplicated areas will only be charged once.
- Per order minimum price - All 3D format orders must be at least $20 and 2D plan order must be at least $10.
The estimated price will include the area of each scan, however, your final charge will account for any overlapping areas.
Final Area / Order Delivery
Payment method charged. Final price is calculated from total floor area of each level, as measured from the exterior sides of walls.
If you have any questions at all about the total price or charges, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to review your order.
Square Meter Pricing
Yes. Simply go to Settings within your online account portal or the Canvas app and change your units to metric. Your pricing will automatically be converted for new orders, but your invoices and order summaries for old orders will not be affected.
- $1.50 per square meter for all 3D output formats, with a $20 minimum per order.
- $1.00 per square meter for our 2D floor plans, with a $10 minimum per order.
As a reminder, you can expect most measurements in your final Scan To CAD result to be within 1-2% of what’s verified manually with a laser distance meter, measuring tape, or existing blueprint. You can read more about accuracy here.
This means that you may find slight differences between the actual square footage of the space and the CAD model generated. This is normal due to the nature of the above tolerances, but if you find a greater than 2% discrepancy, you can request a price review by emailing email@example.com.
Scan To CAD Exterior Pricing
While Canvas and Scan To CAD are optimized for scanning interior spaces, they are capable of scanning exteriors with some caveats.
- Orders including both interior and exterior scans = additional $0.05 per square foot
- Orders including only exteriors scans = subtract $0.05 per square foot
Since Canvas cannot automatically detect exteriors from interiors, if you are submitting exterior scans only, the app will likely charge you more than this by default, and you will need to request a refund after processing is completed.
If you are submitting a set of both interior and exterior scans, the app will not include the extra $0.05 per sqft, and our team will likely need to follow-up with you for additional payment.
Due to the limitations of scanning outdoors, you may also find that Scan To CAD results including exterior scans are more frequently outside of our expected accuracy tolerances.