Canvas is free to download, scan, and measure. You'll be able to scan spaces at no cost, which captures all the dimensions of a space automatically, and the result can be seen here: So, what do I get after I'm done with my scan? This on-device result can be used to review, measure, and annotate, and the scan files can be exported at no cost. Colorizing is free for users on LiDAR-equipped iOS devices.
A Real Game Changer for your Business
Canvas can convert your scans into professional CAD files in multiple formats starting at $0.14/sqft.
If you want to bring your 3D scan into architecture and design programs like SketchUp, AutoCAD, Revit, Chief Architect, Archicad, Vectorworks, 2020 Design Live, and more, you will likely want to use our built-in service which can be faster and less expensive than doing it yourself!
- Pay as you go.
- No subscription or membership fee is required.
- All orders are priced per square foot (or per square meter), and pricing starts at $0.14/sqft for 2D floor plans ($10 minimum/order) and $0.20/sqft for 3D models/reports ($20 minimum/order).
How ordering, estimates and as-built pricing works:
- When you place an order, you select the format(s) you need, the environment type(s) of your scans, and the delivery type, and apply any discounts.
- The area of each scan is estimated, and you receive an estimated price range for the order.
- Your model, report, and/or floor plan is created.
- The actual square footage of the model is measured which determines the actual cost of the order.
- The order is delivered, and the payment method is charged.
- Our estimates are only estimates, and the price of your order will be calculated based on the actual square footage of the model and charged at delivery.
- The actual square footage is calculated from the total floor area of each level, as measured from the exterior sides of the walls.
- If a space is not closed, for example, if your order only contains a single wall, the square footage of the processed wall(s) will be used to calculate the cost.
- Our in-app square-footage estimation algorithms were built for interior scans, so if your order contains exterior scans, the in-app estimation will likely be significantly off. But remember, you are not charged the estimate, nor do you pay at ordering. You are charged the actual price at delivery.
- Estimates will include overlapping areas, but duplicated areas will only be charged once.
- If you have any questions about pricing in general or how the price for a particular order was calculated, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'd be happy to review your order.
How to Place an Order
Select your chosen format(s)
Canvas produces professional CAD files for a variety of 3D and 2D software. We directly support SketchUp, Revit, Chief Architect, Archicad, Vectorworks, 2020 Design Live, and AutoCAD, but you can use our files with a variety of other programs as well. Please see more about formats here and download samples to test for yourself.
Select the correct modeling scope:
- Choose "Interior Only" if your order contains only interior scans.
- If you want an exterior-only 3D model and are not including any interior scans in your order, choose "Exterior Only."
- If your scan includes an area that is technically outdoors but not a facade or siding (i.e., courtyards, patios, porches, and balconies), choose "Interior Only" as they are processed similarly to an interior space.
- If you are trying to create an inside-out model of the whole home (including both the interior rooms and exterior siding and facades), you must choose "Interior & Exterior."
- Please note: the actual environment type is selected during processing which would result in a price change (+ or -) if the correct environment type wasn't selected during ordering.
3D CAD models and the Canvas Measurement Report = $0.20/sqft or $20 minimum per order
2D floor plans = $0.14/sqft or $10 minimum per order
3D CAD models only: $0.15 per sqft
Both Interiors & Exteriors
3D CAD models only: $0.25 per sqft
If you order multiple formats, your price will be the sum of all formats ordered. For example, if you place an order for 1,000 square feet in both SketchUp and 2D floor plan, your total will be $340:
$0.20 x 1,000 sqft for SketchUp ($200) + $0.14 x 1,000 sqft for 2D floor plan($140)
Rush delivery is available for an additional 20%. Rush delivery times are not guaranteed. While we always do our best to accommodate rush orders, please note that we can not always do so, especially for larger orders. The additional rush fee will not be charged if your order is not delivered within the rush timeline for any reason. More on delivery times.
Square Meter Pricing
Go to account settings in the Canvas app or in your account portal, and change units to metric. Everything, including your delivered files and pricing, will be changed to metric for new orders, but invoices and order summaries for any past orders will not be changed.
3D CAD models and the Canvas Measurement Report = $2.20/sqm or $20 minimum per order
2D floor plans = $1.50/sqm or $10 minimum per order
3D CAD models only: $1.70 per sqm
Both Interiors & Exteriors
3D CAD models only: $2.70 per sqm